TASK: create several conceptions of trade character for advertising agency «KARAS» («karas» in Russian means crutian carp, a small landlocked fish).
REQUIRED: trade character must be a nice and memorable little fish, which looks nice on all kinds of promotional products.
- We have to show that our fish is a highly professional fish.
- Well, what comes to me first when I think about «professional fish», is Overwise Gudgeon from a fable. But I highly respect Mr.Holmes as a real genious, dedicated to what he is doing. What if we combine them both in one character?
- Hmm, well, he looks really serious.
- I believe he will look just perfect in 3D.
- He looks nice on a corporate red color. Actually I believe he would be perfect on any «warm» color.
- He also feels great on beige and black color. Maybe not that bright, but still charming and irresistable.
- Let's try something really bright and colorful, like Marvel graphic novels?
- Hm...you know, today I feel inspired by Andy Warhol and his «Campbell's Soup Cans» ...or I am simply hungry?:) Anyway, let's try to combine this all together!
- Wooow! You can print on the T-short right now! A Super Carp hero!
- Yes, and we have two positive moments here: we can change the color of the fish and background to anyone we want. And this character doesn't need 3D animation - it is a graphic hero.
- Still I am afraid we will meet some difficulties animating this character.
- Nope. That is just like making a cartoon after a graphic novel. His fins, tail, eyes and eyebrows will be able to move, you'll see that will be quite funny.
- Remember that each carp is a magic goldfish from a fairy-tale somwhere deep inside his soul! He likes to make client's dreams come true!
- Sure. And our «goldfish-carp» should have almost human face, open and friendly.
- This one looks a bit surprised.
- He is just astonished by his magic power!
- This «swimming into a folder» fish is really funny.
- He is very curious and tittupy. How can he hold himself in these narrow borders???
- Let's try to change the style?
- Oh yes. What about something sweet and cute?
- This fish already seems to be in 3D.
- Yes, but it can hardly nove as a human being. But that's ok. I think: it is not a human, actually.
- Hm, black over black...is it ok?
- Well, maybe this guy comes from a very deep blue sea? No problem, he looks nice over white as well.
- I believe we need to add some funny details.
- Some devices, you mean? Ok, no problem!
- Brrrr, are you sure a fish might need a snorkel?
- I think that is funny. Moreover, we see that this fish is a real professional. He doesn't need a snorkel, but he takes it to be on a safe side!
- He looks nice with this blue piece of background. But we can hardly change the colors.
- But we don't need to change the colors! This fish is perfect!